Peaceful Parks







My neighborhood. Micro urban.   Public parks are the real deal around here. I like how this particular one was designed. Neatly cut grass, footpaths, a public pool, and more. I don't spend a lot of time up here, but it's nice every once and awhile to get away for a bit.   These recreational areas are meant to give the allusion that one has left city.









You see, it is quite peaceful up here and there are plenty of trees and greenery. The local mothers never fail to greet.      Listening to the news you'd think that there was a population shortage, but if you look all around you there's always a mother with child and I think it's one of the nicest things to see.









Getting here you have to take a series of narrow roads leading up a broken causeway.


There's a school nearby and they have a girls track team that practices up here sometimes.   It was time to take some pics. I couldn't hide because no object can perfectly conceal my shape and size. At best I could probably conceal the object I was originally trying to conceal.  My subjects didn't seem to mind, though.









Not so sure the male coach did through his spectacled steely little eyes, though.  I knew he was watching me from a distance with  suspicion, lower jaw distended from his face as he peered down the hill, and he knew I knew he was looking at me.   The new Tamron lens had to be put through its paces and what better subject material then when the subject is in a training sessions around a track. I tried several variations; went through all the f-stops and zooms. Tried the manual focus, then back to auto.  Then back to manual.     Not too bad for a discounted lens.   But I need to work on the focus more.  I didn't want to use any of the auto settings on these shots.    All manual focus.







I have mentioned about form in another post.   Great technique developing here.   Train young, that way you grow up healthy  and beautiful, and become a beautiful Japanese mother.   Not like the nasty little prude foreigners emerging on the moral scene here.    Wish they'd get the hell out of here.



Stateside parks are not as enclosed and spacious I think.   Maybe the New Yorkers have Central Park, and maybe L.A. has the Griffith Park, which I have been to, and yet I feel no difference between city and nature.   They are the same whereas at this park, or most parks in Japan you feel a total escape from the city.      I love parks.




Comments

  1. At Japan everything is silent and steady like an old clock..:) And I like, I am living at Istanbul and gone too many countries None of them is like Japan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like the post. I've been to Istanbul and enjoyed it. Thanks for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Micro parks are the only way to go with massive urbanization pushing out land availability. A time out of place and a place out of time, these small spaces renew you. Perfect place to go for a nice little lawn picnic and people watching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone needs some green space in their life. Japan has done a good job in providing those spaces to its citizens. You're photos are great. Your article makes me wish I could go to the park right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a second time vistor. Of course I would come back. Who wouldn't after a first glance? This park has all seen and unseen. May your lens continue to capture this beauty all around you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. After reading this, I had to go on Google maps and get a real glimpse. These pictures have set off a chain of emotions inside of me that where I must absorb more of these experiences. I cant wait to read your next posting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beauty displays better as you age and you care for yourself well. I saw the transition from the younger women to the older. The old man peering cannot comprehend the need to take pictures of this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Daniel Corrigan UKJuly 25, 2012 at 6:21 PM

    There is no other place in this world like Japan. I have traveled to Brussels, Athens, even Prague. Yet the purity of perfect women can only be found in one place.

    ReplyDelete
  9. James Goldberg Esq.July 25, 2012 at 6:22 PM

    I wish more American women would have this blessing of aging so beautifully. I envy the beauty you see yet I also am attracted to it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. George KatstankasisJuly 25, 2012 at 6:25 PM

    Tommorow i could take my camera and sit in a park yet it would be nothing compared to what you have captured here. I must travel to Japan one day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Micro Parks. Yet in my mind the park goes beyond if I could only look into her eyes and then watch the reflection at an angle as she looks outward. Pushing strollers is a thing of beauty. I am enamored.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw this park, You can sleep for hours.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are lucky to stay close to such a lovely park. I just envy you. Very few people get an opportunity to view so much greenery and experience the tranquility.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are lucky to stay close to such a lovely park. I just envy you. Very few people get an opportunity to view so much greenery and experience the tranquility.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I saw a lot of good parks At Tokyo. All of them is very silent.. tranquility of parks.. I love.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice photos. Such lush greenery. it must feel great to stay close to such a beautiful park. It seems that time has stopped here. Do you visit this park often?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice photos. Such lush greenery. it must feel great to stay close to such a beautiful park. It seems that time has stopped here. Do you visit this park often?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cutie babies! They are so innocent and lovely. Their mothers must be adoring them. I like this pic the most. Nothing matches the pic of a mother with her child.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts