The Three Kings of Azuma Rikishi



( orange label ) Azuma Rikishi Brewery is famous for aged sake with its huge labyrinth of cave tunnels are perfect for sleeping sake undisturbed.   I had a chance to pick up a bottle,  a Junmai Ginjo Shiboritate Nama.








Nihonshu-do: plus 1
100% Go-hyaku-mangoku
Seimaibui: 55%
( flavors: deep tones for a nama [unpasturized] Flavorsome).















The center bottle is from the same brewery, and it's a Hiyaoroshi this time. aJunmai Ginjo Nama Genshu type. Again, rare and local jizake types that deliver on taste every single time.


100% local grown Tochigi rice was used for this.
Seimaibuai: 60%


The last Azuma Rikishi is a Nigori Nama Genshu Kurakuchi.


Nihonshu-do: -10








The first sip is so thick and flavorsome on this one. I can't quit put my finger on it, really. The effervescence, the thick creaminess, the sourness and sweetness all combined. It's good.... In the picture I was lucky enough to have a ledge next to my hotel window. Everything was so serendipitous for me during my trip.








If ever in Tochigi Prefecture, and you have time, I highly recommend visiting this brewery, or at least sampling the sake produced at Azuma Rikishi. The true essense of Tochigi sake is here.


Other Tochigi related posts:
here, here, and here.







Comments

Popular Posts