Sawanotsuru 沢の鶴

Thank you all for your patience. Now I'm back up and running. I recently changed computing platforms. A major change by the way. I have fully converted from PC to Mac and I am not looking back, baby. I have had my last straw with Bill's software monopoly and I won't tolerate it any longer, but enough of that. Listen to the pronunciation of this sake:

clickbelow.IMG_0574-2010-09-14-06-53.JPG

Closing summer outright I will be introducing a couple more summer sake. This one " Sawanotsuru" comes from a very well-known and established brewery that has a well-known reputation in the sake drinking community. By the way, the name "Sawanotsuru" literally means the " Crane of the Swamp." The reason for purchasing this brand is because normally, the nihonshu I choose come from smaller less-known breweries, and since this one didn't I thought that I should offer my readers a little something more readily accessible. You can find this brand anywhere in Japan.

Now the nihonshu I am drinking tonight is the summer version and it's mighty tastyIMG_0575-2010-09-14-06-53.JPG

What you are looking at is called a yubeshi, a type of glutenous sweet brown sugar walnut-filled treat from Fukushima Prefecture. Whenever I am up this way I make sure to grab one of these. I especially enjoy how lovely they go with delicious nihonshu. The mild texture of the summer genshu and this yubeshi makes for a delicious summer afternoon treat. I can imagine a better summer than with a good sake and something soft and peanut-filled.

Comments

Popular Posts