New Year Confectionary 2010

confection

One of the things I really love about Japan is its endless variety of sweets, or sometimes called confectionary.

confection2

As the nights grow colder, I like to warm up with a nice hot tea and one of these delightfully delectable seasonal sweets. Every major department store has them and you can get them for every season.

confection3

My favorite department store for these sweets is Sogo, which is a major department store chain located in just about every major city in Japan. I was there on the 31st around noon and the place was packed not only with my favorite kind of eye candy but also food.

confection4

All of these little delicious delights are tasty and sweet, so some hot houjicha or green tea will work better.

What a wonderful way to end the first full day of the new year.

Happy New Year everyone!

Comments

Popular Posts