January 2014 Edition



Did you remember to record your dream on the first day of the New Year?  I did.  I had a dream on the first, the second, and the third.  They were all nightmares.  Hanging, flooding, and death were the three themes of those dreams.



I mean, I have had lots of dreams that were full of doom and gloom, and yet none of the gloomy aspects of those dreams ever manifested.  Even still, I do take dreams very seriously, especially the meanings of those dreams. 



Did you enjoy your New Year?  I made the best of mine by staying home.  Instead of going out, I cooked and prepared all of my meals.  I purchased about 1400 grams of taraba king crab, enjoyed imbibing on some delicious sake and Japanese confectionary.   I’ve been at this sort of routine for years actually, and as a result I think I’m ruined  forever.  I can never return to normalcy in a sense that I don’t believe I could ever enjoy just having a beer and going out to some hot and stuffy nightclub, or just settling for just hors d'œuvres  with strangers at an underground basement party. 



I absolutely can’t stand trying to pretend to be enjoying myself when some dumb dork white guy from Boston who married one of his students from the local Eikaiwa gets up on his soap box and tries to impress  us with his Japanese ability while  his whore wife stands by  fawning all over the fact that she married the biggest and dumbest looking clown she could wrap her legs around.   



A lot of Westerners leave their country to come to Japan for many reason.  I left to get away from Americans and decades of mundane and routine experiences that are trivial and meaningless.  I came to Japan and gained more insight into people and my own country than at any time in my whole life.  I have no regrets for what I’ve become today.  Just a natural consequence of sniffing out too much bullshit.



Just the other day I saw a movie.  On the way to the cinema I saw an extremely obese black guy with a deliciously beautiful looking Japanese girl.  They were holding hands and walking happily along the promenade.  She pointed at me and said, “see! He looks like you.”   So what was that supposed to mean?  I said to myself.   I guess it means anybody can get a Japanese woman….?  I was jealous….



I got a card from a co-worker last night.  It was a thank you letter for all of the times I had made her feel happy.  I am very positive at work and make an effort to make others happy.  Unfortunately, I never remember my co-worker’s names.  For years I have worked with a specific group of people and yet, I can never seem to recall their names….I’m bad with names….bad,bad,bad.  Of course, if we had spent more time together outside of work then maybe I would be able to remember their names.



For breakfast today I had potato korokke (コロッケ). I always love these little things, plus I had a few ankake tempura and a couple of cups of hot meicha tea.  Even though love Japanese food, I still prefer an American style breakfast.



I don’t think my routine or way of thinking is going to change much this year.  2009 was a good year for me, in spite of all the negative energy that surrounded me.   2010 will be a year of new opportunities and new beginnings.   I’m so glad I no longer have a credit card now.  I won’t be in debt this year because of it.

Comments

  1. I spent New Year's eve alone..wish I'd had your wonderful crab and some special sake - I drank an excellent chardonnay and ate some really wonderful chocolate.

    I should destroy my credit cards as I lost my job of 21 years as a forensic nurse for the city and county of San Francisco in massive budget cuts and retired. With a drop in income of $100,000/year, I will have to forego a great deal!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts