Kirei Sake Brewery (Kirei 亀齢)

IMG_5884

Another very nice and well-rounded sake from West Japan.

IMG_5891

This is a Junmai Ginjo, Nama Genshu. Junmai Ginjo means it falls into the premium class of labor intensive sake with rice that’s milled away at 50%. Nama, means that is a draft-style sake that is purified not by heat pasteurization but rather through micro-filterization. Genshu means it hasn’t been diluted with water which usually means that this sake has a higher alcohol content. The rice used is called Gouriki or in Japanese called 五拾(ご うりき)

What I like a lot about this sake is its full clean fruity textures and finish. I can taste hints of Muscat with deep undertones.

This afternoon, just before work, I ran over to Kimijimaya, my favorite sake shop, to pick out a good sake for this week. When I looked through the fridges I found one row of empty sake bottles, so I open the fridge door and poked my head in and located way in the back were two bottles left of the sake I am drinking now. I remember the week before a sake expert by the name of Daisuke told me about this sake and so I took his word for it and luckily for me there were two bottle left. I bought it and now I am drinking it as I type this post out to you.

IMG_5893

There are just so many sake out there to choose from. It would probably take me and entire life time to try all of them.

Comments

Popular Posts