Night Prowling in Kawasaki!

Having a car can be really convenient. Who likes having to eye their watch all the time worrying whether or not they’ll miss the last train home. I don’t, and since the car has been sitting in the parking lot for weeks now I decided to take it out for a spin.

In English it’s called “cruising” in Japanese it’s the same but with the usually mangled pronunciation“クルージング or it’s ku-ru-jin-gu. I was out around Kawasaki cruising at 2a.m. in the morning.

Of course the first order of business was food, but what’s open this late besides the typical ramen shops and izekaya’s? There was but one place and that shop is called Seikai no Yamachan’s of Nagoya. What luck, one out of the two chains stores in Kawasaki were still open this early in the morning. The long hand on my watch was approaching half past two in the morning and I didn’t mind scarfing down a few plates of these chicken wings called Tebasaki.

IMG_5276

IMG_5272

IMG_5268

But there was another interesting drink on the menu called nigori umeshu! Nigori means unfiltered and umeshu is plum liquor. It’s worth a try.

IMG_5273

After finishing up my wings I headed out for a little night walk in one of the most slummiest parts of Kawasaki.

IMG_5267

Of course this is after they lock their gods up for the night. And then, the whoring starts and a whole other world emerges from these dark alley ways and back streets.

IMG_5257

More importantly though are the little sake shops along the streets which had only a few patrons.

IMG_5278

Kawasaki has a unique quality all its own. Some even say it’s a city full of soul, but all I saw that night were streets full of foreign prostitutes. However, I’m sure the daytime population is completely different. Osaka at night has more soul for me than Kawasaki.

IMG_5281

How could I miss my favorite type of eye candy beautifully clad in a gorgeous kimono, a Jukujo.

IMG_5295

Patrol car crawling through the night.

IMG_5283

Night time revelers causing a stir over some nonsense at a bar.

IMG_5289

3a.m. birthday party!

IMG_5290

Kawasaki is an alright city, really. I love all of the culinary delights one can enjoy, and the seemingly endless ramen stalls. Whenever I am out this way I try to get out and try something new.

I may prowl around Enoshima tonight, who knows.

Comments

Popular Posts