"Daina" is the name of this sake.

This sake was selected by Dancyu, a very highly recognized sake & food magazine in Japan, as one of the top regional sakes in Tochigi Prefecture. As you can see the magazine has a picture of the sake I drank while on vacation.

This sake uses what's called gohyakumangoku rice which is a highly prized, highly polished rice grain used specifically for making top grade sake organically.

This sake is very flavorsome, fruity, with clean finish, hints of acacia with a bit of a strong finish at the end.

It wasn't exactly my taste, but it had good balance and I loved it overall.

Comments

  1. Oishii so! I miss the good sake of Japan... Have you heard of Awamori? It's made in Okinawa... It was my favorite! Living in the US is not as fun as living in Japan..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Monica,

    Thank you for your comment. Of course I've heard of Awamori. Good stuff. Have you ever been to Okinawa ?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts